- 1 pkt. Western Family Beef Stew Seasoning
- 2 lbs. stew meat
- 3 T. Western Family Vegetable Oil
- 4 potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 4 small onions
- 10 oz. frozen peas
- Lightly flour 2 lbs. stew meat. Brown in 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Add 3 cups water and Beef Stew Seasoning. Blend well.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer until tender (approximately 1-1?2 hours).
- Add 4 medium potatoes (peeled and quartered); cut into 1Ë pieces, 4 carrots, 2 celery stalks, and 4 small onions. Add to stew.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender (approximately 1 hour), stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 package (10 oz) frozen peas the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Add 2 tsp. salt, if desired.