- 8 oz. Western Family Lasagna pieces, uncooked
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t. dried basil
- 1 t. dried oregano
- ½ t. Western Family Ground Black Pepper
- 1 (32 oz.) jar Western Family Pasta Sauce
- 1 c. Western Family Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Western Family Egg, beaten
- 16 oz. Western Family Ricotta Cheese
- 1 lb. Western Family Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb. Western Family Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook lasagna according to package directions, drain.
- In a large stock pot, cook sausage and ground beef, drain, and return meat to pot.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is tender.
- Add basil, oregano, pepper, sauce and olives. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend egg and ricotta.
- In the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking pan, spread a layer of sauce, layer with 1?3 of the lasagna pieces, spread 1?3 ricotta cheese over the pasta and top with 1?3 of mozzarella and 1?3 of Parmesan. Repeat layers two additional times.
- Cover with foil. Bake in a 375°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand at room temperature for five minutes before cutting.