- 12 oz. Western Family Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- ¼ c. Western Family Prunes, pureed
- ¾ c. Western Family Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- ½ t. Western Family Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ c. Western Family All-Purpose Flour
- 1 T. cocoa powder
- ¼ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. Western Family Salt
- ¾ c. Western Family Walnut Pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8” x 8” pan with pan coating (see Tip below).
- Place 6 oz of the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds; stir, then heat for another 30 seconds. Stir, then heat in 10 second increments until chocolate is almost melted. Stir to melt completely, then mix in prune puree thoroughly.
- Add the sugar, mixing in completely, then whisk in the vanilla and eggs.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
- Stir in remaining 6 oz. of chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Pour into pan and bake for 35 minutes or until tester comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely, cut and serve.
Tip: For easier removal, line pan with aluminum foil, and coat the foil with pan coating. When the brownies come out of the oven, lift the foil out of the pan and set on a cooling rack to cool.