- 1 lb. Western Family Raw Spanish Peanuts
- 3 c. Western Family Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/2 c. Western Family Light Corn Syrup
- 1-1/2 c. water
- 3 t. Western Family Baking Soda
- Lay out several large pieces of parchment paper.
- In a deep, large and heavy pot mix the sugar, corn syrup and water together.
- Over medium-high heat, stir constantly and bring mixture to hard-ball stage: 250 – 260F°.
- Add peanuts and continue cooking and stirring until mixture reaches a golden brown color.
- Remove from stove and stir in baking soda. Mixture will foam. Immediately pour mixture out onto the parchment paper and allow to cool completely.
- Break into pieces and enjoy! Store in a covered container.