- 1 c. Western Family Margarine, chilled
- 1 c. Western Family Sugar
- ¾ c. Western Family Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 t. Western Family Vanilla Extract
- 2 Western Family Large Eggs
- 2½ c. Western Family All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ c. Western Family Koo-Kies!TM cereal, ground to ¼ c.
- ½ c. Western Family Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ t. Western Family Baking Soda
- ¼ t. Western Family Salt
- Additional Koo-Kies! cereal pieces, mini candy coated pieces, Mini baking chips for decorating
- In a medium bowl, combine margarine, sugars and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, ground cereal, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; gradually mix with margarine and sugars.
- Cover and refrigerate dough overnight, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a tablespoon, shape chilled dough into 1-inch balls and place two together on ungreased cookie sheet to form bear shape.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes; after 10 minutes remove cookies from oven and quickly press 7 cereal pieces into dough to form two ears, nose paws and feet. Return to oven for remaining bake time.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet; place on wire racks and press candy-coated chocolate or baking chips into bears for eyes. Cool on wire racks.
Tip: To maintain a puffy bear cookie, work with small amounts of chilled dough, and keep dough chilled in the refrigerator. If cereal pieces or candy loosens from cookies, adhere with a small amount of melted chocolate.