- 1 c. (6 oz.) Western Family Butterscotch Flavored Chips
- ½ c. Western Family Peanut Butter
- 3 c. Western Family Corn Flakes Cereal
- ⅓ c. Western Family Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp. Western Family Vegetable Shortening
- Butter 8-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Alternatively, microwave butterscotch chips in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring every minute. Stir in peanut butter. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir until well blended. (Due to difference in microwave ovens, cooking time is approximate.)
- Gradually add cereal, stirring gently until all pieces are evenly coated. Press into prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth; or microwave chocolate chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Drizzle over cereal mixture. Chill 1 hour. Cut into squares. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.