Serves: makes 2 loaves
- 6 c. Western Family All-Purpose Flour
- 3 T. Western Family Sugar
- 2 t. Western Family Salt
- 2 Packets Western Family Yeast
- 2 c. water
- ½ c. Western Family Milk
- 3 T. Western Family Margarine
- Set aside 1 cup of flour from total amount.
- Mix remaining flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Heat water, milk and margarine until hot to touch, 125°F to 130°F.
- Stir hot liquids into dry mixture.
- Mix in reserve flour, enough to make a soft dough that does not stick to the bowl.
- Turn out onto floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover dough, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut dough in half and shape into loaves. Place in two greased 9”x5” loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until double in size, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.