- 2-1/2 T. instant dried milk powder
- ¾ c. + 2 T. Water
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (optional)
- ½ c. green onions, sliced thin (optional)
- Preheat oven 400°F. Grease two baking sheets.
- In heavy saucepan combine, milk powder, water, butter, salt and bring to a boil.
- Add flour and mix vigorously until the dough pulls away from the side of the sauce-pan. Remove pan from heat.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending thoroughly after each egg.
- Stir in cheese (garlic and onions if you desire.)
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoon and bake until the puffs are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly, remove from baking pan and serve warm.